Romance need not bring about any stress, as it has a variety of meanings and is a completely subjective part of the relationship. What is romantic to one couple might not be romantic to another couple, so it really depends on personal experience and taste.
But you do need to get the basics right!
Here are five things about being romantic you should never forget:
1. Remember the language of romance: certain words epitomize the language of love, and come all the way from the courtly love traditions of France and England. Here are some words you should know.
2. Compliment your lover’s skills! Telling them how talented and unique they are is certain to cause a little butterfly burst in their stomach. They need to know that you believe they are worth being with.
3. Compliment your lover’s looks. It is so important that your lover knows how beautiful or handsome you think they are. Telling them how attractive you find them is sure to keep you in their good books!
4. Remember what your lover likes: the type of flowers; the kind of food; their favorite chocolate. Remembering small details such as these will show your lover you care.
5. Keep it simple. Remember that to be romantic you don’t need to be extravagant. There is no need to send up an airplane declaring your love, although it is an amazing gesture. It is the little romances every day that keeps the spark alive for the long-term.